Dedicated Faculty - EKU's Banking Program
Eastern Kentucky University’s College of Business faculty and staff are some of the best in the business. Coming from all different areas of expertise, their focus is on providing academic insight that not only educates students, but gives them confidence to move forward in their careers and even outside of school. Dr. Fatima Hasan is one example of many whose talents extend beyond regular classroom teaching. She has a unique way of engaging students in the curriculum through the use of tactile, hands-on activities that make the content stick for the students.
Dr. Hasan began her academic career at the Kinnaird College for Women at Punjab University, graduating in 1994. She went on to receive her MBA from Lahore School of Economics in 1999, her master’s degree in 2002 at the University of Florida, and then later her PhD at the University of Kansas in 2019.
Dr. Hasan lecturing an economics course in Fall 2021
Dr. Hasan will be teaching a course called FIN 437 this upcoming spring semester. FIN 437 is a summaryof the financial concepts and theories learned in previous finance courses. Students in the class develop a quantitative and qualitative understanding of financial institutions management and how decisions are made. This course includes a bank management simulation activity, which is just one of the many hands-on experiences students will get in this course.
The FIN 437 course is embedded within the banking program curriculum. EKU’s banking program assists students in developing the skills necessary to be attractive to employers in the banking industry. The content of this program and the activities the students participate in are designed to where students are building their resumes without having to explore options outside of their program. Such opportunities include:
- Leadership positions in the EKU Finance Society Student Organization
- Experience with MorningStar Investments and Research Software in our state-of-the-art Financial Markets and Investments Labfor FIN 324 (Principles of Investments)
- Students become Certified in Credit Analysis by taking a certification exam at the end of Credit Analysis (FIN 315)
- Experience with ProBanker Bank Management Simulation Software in Bank Management (FIN 437)
- Annual Banking and Finance Meetup Event where students network with Nationally recognized industry leaders in banking and financial services
- High-performing students. Our students win national banking competitions and scholarship money!
- A unit on Government Relations in Banking and annual Senior trip to Washington, D.C.
Developing a skill set to succeed in the banking industry has never been easier than with the dedicated faculty and staff of EKU’s banking program. Click the links below to get started on the advancement of your career!
Published on April 04, 2022